11 & 12 Year Old Major "Little League"
- Pitching distance will be 46' from
- No leading off bases
- Teams in this division will play official Little League Green Book rules.
- Players in this division are eligible to tryout for the Major Little League District All Stars
- The Spring season typically starts the end of March and runs through mid-June.
- The Fall season typically starts in mid September and runs through the end of October.
- Each team plays a minimum of 12 regular season games per season.(8 games for Fall season)
- Games played during the week generally start at 6:00 PM.
- Games played on Saturday will be generally scheduled at times ranging from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Game length is "no new inning" after 1 hour 45 minutes.
- A double elimination playoff tournament is played at the end of the regular season.
- Practice occurs one weekday and one weekend for three to four weeks prior to the season with some practices during the season at the manager's discretion.
- CLL provides a jersey, pants and hat.
- Jerseys have names and numbers.
- Rubber cleats are highly recommended.
- Parents must provide ball glove.
- Suggested for players to have their own bat and helmet.
- Teams usually consist of 12-13 players, one (1) volunteer manager, two (2) volunteer coaches, and one (1) volunteer team parent.
Major Baseball FAQ’S
Q: Do you keep score and are there umpires?
A: Yes. Every manager maintains a scorebook. League standings are kept to determine a regular season winner and to determine playoff games. There are two umpired on the field.
Q: What size field do they play on.
A: All games are played on a regulation Little League. Bases are 60' apart and the mobile pitcher mound is 42' from home plate.
Q: Can I have my child play on a team with their friends?
A: Not unless they are drafted on to that team. In this age group, player's skills are evaluated in a skills assessment. Then a draft is held.
Q: Can I Manage or coach a team?
A: Yes, if positions are available. Prospective managers must complete an online application. If you would like to serve as a coach, then please note that on your child's spring online registration. All managers and coaches must be approved by the Chesterfield Little League Board of Directors.
Q: Will my child get to play all the time?
A: No, not all the time, but no player sits twice until all have sit once. Exception will be the pitcher and catcher
Q: What are the volunteer requirements?
A: CLL is an all-volunteer organization so there are many ways to volunteer. Help is always needed with registration, team parenting, assisting with picture and opening night activities, helping with post-season tournaments, and working in the concession stand to name just a few of the many ways to help support CLL.